Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Grad

As of this morning I am officially done with Brigham Young University. My goal was to graduate with at least a 3.3 however I missed that goal by one tenth and graduated with a 3.2. But it's good enough to go to grad school if I want to.

In other exciting news:

I replaced my motherboard on my laptop as my roomates house surged the previous board. So my laptop was out of commission for about 2 months while I waited for a good deal and till I got some money. I bought a cd with all the Dell laptop service manuals for ten bucks and went to work. I saved probably about 50 to 100 bucks that way. So total cost? 125 bucks, not bad.

I'm trying to think of anything else excting that has happened, and besides episodes with girls (which I have never mentioned on this blog, except maybe once, should I begin sharing these experiences? They are kind of entertaining.) I can only think of a recent experience at 24 hour fitness:

The other day somehow I weighed in at 262 pounds and I had my body fat percentage taken and it is 8.5%. I remember my body fat % being taken one other time when I was 13 in Junior High, the results were exactly the same. I guess some things just never change.

*Also, I won the unofficial Black Friday competition. I sold 10 external hard drives in 5 days on eBay and made somewhere between 150 and 220 dollars. I thought this was supposed to be a competition?

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Troy, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!great job on your gpa. Wow, you've really put on some weight. I'm glad that your lap top is back and running.

whit said...

Troy, Congrats! How does it feel to be done? Hopefully all your wildest dreams will come true now that you have a degree.

Please share your funny girl experiences. I mean reading about drug addicts need for motorcycle spark plugs was fun and all, but share a little about what you are doing. Unless that story was about you, then we will just have to presume that the stories you share are your own.

Anonymous said...

congrats bro
I agree post some hoopla about your batching en vivo-tr

Anonymous said...

also some yada yada without the yada-tr

Anonymous said...

yeah share the stories!! We're all real proud of you. -Rachel

FishHead said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
FishHead said...

Troy: 3.2 is mediocre at best, even subpar. That gpa would only be outstanding for a science major, like genetic engineering, perhaps. But for someone that majored in sociology, history, political science, P.E., humanities, Portuguese, and the like, I have to say that I AM disappointed. Better luck next time you are an undergraduate student.

Anonymous said...

Troy, you are finally done!! Way to go. I'm so proud of you and all you've accomplished along the way. Don't listen to fishhead, you should be proud of yourself, as I AM.
Please DO tell us about your carousing and all it entails. Our lives are so dull and unentertaining that any sort of flavor would be like a smörgåsbord.

FishHead said...

and congrats for getting onto the beta blogger. Now I can follow the comments without lifting a finger!

FishHead said...

Why am I the only one with a picture? I know everyone else has a face, I've seen them.

Anonymous said...

That's fabulous! I knew you could do it! Keep me posted on the job search. I think you should include your interactions with the opposite sex. I think the viewing public would be highly entertained!

FishHead said...

the problem with flickr is that I don't take that many worthwhile pictures. the ones I do take, I post on my blog, which is why I blog. You can cut down on the bog, as you say, by limiting the number of posts that appear on a page. I currently have mine set too high, i'm sure, so I'll cut that back and it should load quicker. If people want to see the older stuff they can head to the archives, right?