This is a step by step process of how to get your car started quickly should you ever flood your engine.
1. Remove spark plugs
2. Unplug source to spark plug wires
3. Place towel over all the spark plug holes
4. Place key in engine and turn key. This will sound different as the electric motor is simply turning the crankshaft. Do not remove key or turn to off, simply stop turning the key. At this point you should have seen flashes of light and some flames and smoke. This is the gas catching fire on to the towel. It is a good idea to have someone help you with this step so that the fire is quickly put out.
5. Place the towel over the holes and turn key again. The towel will probably catch fire again. At this point the gas is probably all removed. Keep the key in the ignition in the position it should be in once you stopped turning the key.
6. Install new spark plugs
7. Plug in spark plug wire source
8. Start engine and enjoy
The reason the key is kept in the ignition is that the fuel pump repressurizes the system everytime the key is turned from off to on. That is why you leave the key in, so the system doesn't keep reinjecting fuel. Doesn't make much sense when you're trying to remove the fuel. Anyway this is what I went through the other day and if you follow these steps you will be able to fix your problem in a matter of minutes, really.
To have this not happen again you really need to fix the source of the problem. In my case I was told I had leaky injectors so I cleaned up my fuel injectors with some simple green and installed new seals. These new seals were the bottom seal and the top o-ring seal. You need to make sure these parts are from the dealer as these are probably the only ones made to spec. I made the mistake of buying some from an aftermarket seals and I had to installs seals a second time because obviously they didn't work the first time. This second seal kit was purchased from a Honda dealer. When you install these new seals dab some clean oil on them as this helps to slide the injectors into the fuel rail and also helps acheive a complete chemical seal. Anyway my car is once again a smooth operator and should anyone run into this problem I hope this information will help. Will help you avoid towing and at the very least a diagnosis.
Cookbook Gift Guide 2017
17 hours ago