Wednesday, January 10, 2007

black friday profits

Gross

1025 +101.71= 1126.71


Total shipping costs: 116


Profit

Gross received – (sold products + shipping) = profit

1126.71-(820+116) =190.71


Real profit

Profit minus products purchased

190.71 – (75+55) = 60.71


Minus additional ebay fees

60.71 – 40 = 20.71


So all in all I would say it was a good black friday. Sales paid for my hard drives I bought plus I got twenty bucks plus I felt like I was doing something semi-productive. In other news I recently acquired a pass at brighton and I will start working at Papa Johns next week. I guess things just fall into place when your a college grad. They even offered me a GM position at Papa Johns but I don't know if thats really the direction I want to go with my life. For now I snowboard the perfect powder of Utah and deliver pizza part-time. I'd like to think I know what I'm doing but really I just want to pull off a nasty mctwist.

*If I wouldn't have kept any of the merchandise profits would be about 180*

7 comments:

FishHead said...

this is what i've been waiting for. Let's see if Rachel has a rebuttal.

Rachel said...

hahaha, yeah right!! I probably lost money on that crap. No more eBay for me! I would never sell anything else like that, it's booty!

phil said...

that's quite the business - ebay. my brother made 3K last year buying and selling kitchenaid mixers. we'd still be doing that if our accounts hadn't been suspended.

Rachel said...

why did they get suspended?

phil said...

when my brother and i first started up the business (i'm the shipper and take a 10 dollar fee for each mixer shipped) he would list the item and i would bid it up to a reasonable amount, thus skipping the fee you have to pay if you start the bidding at a certain price. somehow they accused us of being related and suspended both of our accounts. since then we've been using other accounts we've created until they catch up with us on those.

FishHead said...

i think that's called fraud. I'm sure ebay could use my services . . .

Rachel said...

hahaha