Sunday, June 12, 2005

protect

I would just like to relate the latest protections that I have uncovered in my quest to have a clean computer. I switched my firewall from zone alarm to sygate, which is far superior and gives me alot more protection. If you need evidence I got about 7 viruses after I got zone alarm. I also found that it is necessary to disable windows firewall in order for sygate to operate more efficiently and the computer as well. AVG conceptually is a good free anti-virus deal except the free version only updates once a month, thus making it essentially useless. So I now use Mcafee which I got from a friend and somehow its free. If you really want to know how I can email you. Also spybot and adware are good but you have to manually update them and scan at least once a week. But what this really signifies is a weak action firewall. Meaning you're cleaning up what the firewall allowed into your computer. So my advice, get the better firewall, sygate, and a free anti-virus that automatically updates every day. One that updates each month is worthless. Before I got Mcafee I had bit defender which automatically updates, which is at least better than avg.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love these dots...........
Slug Boy