Saturday, December 29, 2007

jet stories from yesterday's past

on my flight home from washington a couple of weeks ago* I sat in front of an interesting dude. Mosiah was a 37 year old self proclaimed punkster dressed in all black with a bright red mohawk that stood about a foot high.

He made quick friends with the stewardess who asked about his music because her son loved what she referred to as punk music. How that came up I don't really know, maybe it was the all black clothing, tats or red hair? Anyway, after going on and on about being famous he shut his trap for a couple minutes.

Then began the conversation with the man sitting next to him. Let it be known that I was by no means intentionally ease dropping. I could not sleep and I was at present unable to do anything else as I was unable to use personal electronic devices. Anyway turns out that the guy was from Washington and was just heading back for some tests. He claimed to be having what is called "deja vu." Or symptoms similar to the experience we call deja vu. Incidently this man, who who we shall refer to as "deja," instantly fell in love with this much older man. The love was pure and simple adoration from one man to another and was not weird in any sort of way.

Although I did consider it odd. What was odd about it? Maybe it was the punks elevated mohawk. Maybe it was the striking colors. I'm sure that it was not natural. Maybe it was the ease with which complete strangers shared the most intimate details of their lives. After having painfully endured what seemed like an eternity of the man on man emo fest - I ran from the plane ahead of the two men.

Upon getting my bags I found myself waiting for my ride. Upon waiting, I made my last of several peculiar observations: I saw and heard "deja" on his cell telling his friend with elation, "I just met the most interesting man....."

*the previous experience occured in September 2007

2 comments:

phil said...

your comment on my blog made me realize i hadn't checked yours in a while. since the conspiracy one. lots of reading to do. thanks for checking in. anything new with you?

yoohoo said...

well i recently got fired. Thus the anyone heard of a good job post. other than that nothing major. still living in the slc. i guess we'll see what happens