Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Questions and Answers

Work

How do you know you've worked hard?
You have to shower, twice.

How do you know you stink?
You have to shower twice and you still stink.

How do you know your cold?
Your hands are so cold and you are in so much pain you have to devote the next several minutes of your life to warming said* hands.

Kind of random

How do you know if a chip is quality?
Drop it on the floor from the waist. If it breaks into many pieces forget about it. Several large pieces define a quality chip.

How do you know you're in love?
You don't and never will, consult a physician for signs and symptoms. Or webmd.com

I added the last question for people who think about things like that. I'm sure Elizabeth would say something clever like you will know because she will tell you you are!

I look forward to the day when my nephews can conjure up such wise statements for all to ponder.

For Rachel


*said or aforesaid(a): being the one previously mentioned or spoken of; according to wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

In this case said hands would refer to the hands previously mentioned. Its kind of just a joke to use said cause its kind of fun sometimes to use words in new and special ways.

I find it interesting that the said individual that this is directed to would be critical and then declare their ignorance! How ironical.*

*hint: if you don't know what that means look it up. Appear to be intelligent even if you are not. Please refrain from posting such ignorant statements on my blog. just kidding i dont really care, I encourage all to express themselves in ways which they deem most fitting.

9 comments:

Rachel said...

I like the first two, those got good laughs. The chip question... uhhh, that's kinda stupid. The hand one seems like it would be good but it needs a little editing. There are some missing words and: "warming said hands" = huh? Where did these come from anywya? Well, it's good to see an update. Are you feeling better? Hope all is well. I will have T-Mobile starting sometime tomorrow. :)

Rachel said...

Crap, I can't critique and then spell anyway wrong. Oh well, it's all part of the plan.

Anonymous said...

Troy, great post, I'm sure all of the remarks are straight from your own head, right? I can't wait for comments from your nephews too!!!!!

yoohoo said...

the critique is noted and the post will be edited. thank you for the constructive criticism. i edited it once but apparently my mind was a tad on the fritz. my sincere apologies

Rachel said...

hahaha, thanks for the update. Love it. I'm glad I can make everyone aware that they are smarter than I.

Rachel said...

ps... your links don't work. You should fix that. :)

yoohoo said...

i guess i just dont care if you can get to the links or not. i didnt bother putting in the address i just hypertexted the same text you see in the post. so yeah. let us put this little technical quibble behind us, shall we? lets get tea some time.

Anonymous said...

i think im offended!-tr

Rachel said...

hahaha, tea sounds nice. :)